Sunday, April 29, 2012

W is for Wisdom

Eeek, four more letters and only two days to get them done! W could have been for weekend, since I am heading up to the barn to not only ride, but also have mimosas. Yum!

I figured I would share a few pearls of wisdom I learned in the last year or so...

1. You really can do anything you set your mind to doing. I never in a million years thought I could run a 5K and now I've run 13 half marathons. People tell me all of the time that they could never do it and I know that they can. But only if they want to.

2. Showing horses can be the most rewarding experience. It can also be the most devastating. Show horses and race horses are athletes just like humans so sometimes they get hurt or don't feel well and everything that you've worked for, can change in quickly.

3. Actions definitely speak louder than words. We've all heard that saying a million times, but it finally hit home in the last year that just because someone says all of the right things, doesn't mean they are doing all of the right things.

4. Any runDinsey event is going to be awesome. Need I say more?

Yeah, totally fun.

5. If your first marathon is going to be NYC, be prepared to already be having nightmares about it. Like last night, I dreamt that I was happily on my way on the ferry to Staten Island. I kept checking my bag, made sure I had layers of clothes and then looked down at my feet to see that I was wearing FLIP FLOPS and not running shoes. AAHHHHH! I'm sure this nightmare stemmed from the obsessive NYC marathon blog reading that I am doing.

The stuff of nightmares! Don't be fooled by their bright innocent colors!

6. And last, (or at least the last thing I have time to write before I head out to see the main man in my life)

Back off, ladies, he's mine!

Nothing is forever. Hard times and good times come and go. I always get so wrapped up in the bad things that I forget about the really good things that happen. And some really good stuff is happening right now. One of my new goals is to be more positive. (Although, I won't be giving up entirely on my sarcastic, snarky ways, because then I would have nothing to live for!)

 Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I may be back later to tackle X, but I can not think of a legitimate word that actually starts with X other than xylazine (horse drug) and x-ray. Maybe mimosas will help with that. See you later!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!