Saturday, April 7, 2012

C is for Cooking...and stuff



C is for Cooking

...and other stuff, but let's start with cooking.






I've never been great in the kitchen. Actually, that's not entirely true. It's more like I'm incredibly lazy in the kitchen. I hate going to the grocery store. I hate making a mess to prepare a meal. Most of all, I hate cleaning up after cooking. I can make a few things, though, and I've even made turkey stuffing from scratch. That was before I was gluten free.

Today, I actually made some food for myself and it was healthy! I stir fried some vegetables and served it over gluten free noodles.

Mmm!
Not as yummy as real noodles...

Voila! Lunch is served! I hope you weren't expecting some sort of gourmet meal... This counts as cooking in my book.

C is also for Comedy. My sister and I went to go to see 21 Jump Street last night.

21 Jump Street Poster
I was surprised at just how funny it was. I was expecting it to be pretty lame, but there were parts where I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe. I don't know if it's for everyone, but it was definitely a good pick for last night.

C is also for Commitment. As the date for the NYC marathon lottery gets closer and closer, T and I have been tossing around different charity teams to join. Not very many are listed at this point, so right now we're thinking Team for Kids, which supports fitness programs for inner city kids. Of course, it would be great if we could just both get in the marathon via the lottery, but the chances of that are really slim.

And finally, C is for Charged. My Garmin and my iPod are currently charging so that I can take them out for a spin.



My body has had enough of a break. I've already run 4 half marathons in 2012, three of which were in January. It's now April and I have the Firefly 5K next weekend, which is a really cool night time race, and the Pat Tillman 4.2 mile run in two weeks.

I guess it's time to get finally get back on track. I'm off to troll iTunes to see if I can find some new good music.

I'll leave you with the following image: An eco-boat that runs on human fat.

The boat is kinda awesome, though.












4 comments:

  1. You should try Grooveshark. It's free as long as you don't want to use it on your phone, then you have to pay a monthly fee. Great way to preview music before you buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Thanks! I will have to check that out. I'm always looking for new music to listen to, since I tend to over listen to some of my music.

      Delete
  2. Ok, WTF FAT BOAT. Where do you find these things?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find amazing things when using Google Image Search!

      Delete

Thanks for reading!