Tuesday, April 17, 2012

M is for Marathon

M is for Marathon
Why yes, I did use M&Ms for my letter M...because I ate some after I did my first marathon training run. Let's pretend that counts as refueling.

 finally finished my NYC marathon training plan. It even involves an Excel spreadsheet which is pretty impressive for me. I did a modified version of Jeff Galloway's training plan, minus the crazy 30 mile run he schedules. Not. Gonna. Happen.

I spent some time during my crazy weekend trolling iTunes for some new songs and I found a few. T suggested looking at some of the running blogs and checking out some of the playlists to find new music to listen to.

Speaking of marathons, the song Marathon by Tennis is awesome. Maybe not the best for running, but I listed to this song on repeat on my drive to and from San Diego in October and I'm still not tired of it (although I don't listen to it on repeat anymore). Despite the title, the song has nothing to do with running marathons. The tune in catchy and retro and I love it. Too bad I don't really like any of her other music.


In other news, it's getting hot here in the desert, so I will be doing a lot of training on the treadmill. Today was my first day back in the gym. I haven't run on a treadmill since I was training for my very first half marathon. Last summer, I tried to get up and run at 4 or 5 in the morning, but I never made it very far because it was just way too hot. End result: not nearly enough training happened last summer.

Unless you live in Phoenix where Satan's sidewalk is the real sidewalk...
So the Dreadmill and I will be BFFs for next few months, because treadmill running is better than hallucinating out in the Phoenix heat this summer at 4 AM when it's already 95 degrees.

I won't continue you to bore you with the work out details, but I did 45 minutes. It had almost forgotten how good it feels to work out. If anyone knows where I can find some good music, let me know!

My hardest workout is trying not to look bored while you tell me about your workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!