Sunday, April 8, 2012

D is for Doing



D is for Doing.

Notice the D that I chose? Because D is obviously also for Disney...but I will get to that.

I actually did my taxes before April 15th for the first time in years. And I actually did them myself, so I'm feeling pretty proud of the fact that It's only April 8th and I AM DONE WITH MY TAXES!!! I rewarded myself with a super delicious chai tea latte from Starbucks.

Mmmm.

D is for Disney as in Run Disney. I'm getting really excited about the Goofy Challenge which according to my little widget is only 277 days away. Zoinks! I'm scared, but super excited. If I can get through the NYC Marathon, I know I can do Goofy.

D is also for Dating. Yes, folks, I've been dating. It's actually been far less scary than I had thought it would be. I've met a few cool people and I'm learning a lot about myself and how to read others. I'm certainly not rushing into anything because that always leads to disaster, but at least I'm doing it, right? It's truly a numbers game. I think if you look long enough, there's no way you won't meet someone with whom you are compatible. I just usually get fed up and quit. But this time, I'm sort of enjoying the process.

(source)

D is for Drastic. Okay, drastic might be too, well drastic, of a word, but I couldn't come up with another D word. I'm ready for some serious change. My life has been a wee bit too static  as of late. Change is already happening, but with some of the races and horse showing goals on my bucket list, half-assing it isn't really gonna cut it. I actually need to get into pretty good shape. I dusted off my Garmin and my iPod yesterday and went for a short mile and half slow jog through the neighbor hood. It felt good, so I need to be doing more of it. It's been over a year since my half marathon PR and I'm hoping maybe one of my summer half marathons will be fast enough to PR. We shall see.

(source)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!