Tuesday, April 24, 2012

R is for Remembering

I could have chosen a lot of words for the letter R: running, riding, racing, etc. I chose to go with 'remembering' because one year ago, my dear friend, John passed away.

John grew up in the horse industry and went on to become quite a famous horse trainer. I knew him from the show world, but didn't become close to him until he had made the decision to give up horse training and come work for the same company as me.

We had a ton of fun with John around. We went to lunch every day and had movie dates on Friday nights. We would always get coffee and find some ridiculous movie to go see.

It seems a huge violation to write about the circumstances surrounding his death, so I will just say that John passed away on April 21, 2011 and we still think about him. I remember exactly what I was doing when I got the news and how hard I cried.

I wish we could have one more coffee date. He would order a venti iced Americana.

Rest in peace, John. We miss you.



Life is short. Don't waste time holding grudges or treating people badly. Sometimes you don't get another chance to tell someone how much you care for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!