Thursday, April 12, 2012

I is for Inspiration



I is for Inspiration

My friend, Theresa, and I have worked together for nine years. When I first started working at my job - in our old building - I sat next to her. When the company moved to our new location, I still ended up sitting next to her. Theresa has been a staple in my life for over nine years now.


She and I are very different from each other. She's a power lifter and also married to a power lifter. More of her skin is tattooed than isn't. She has a very kick ass sort of attitude. We aren't super close, but we've always gotten along and I really like her a lot.

Last week, Theresa announced that she was diagnosed with stage 2 lymphoma. It seems odd, really, that someone as tough as Theresa could get cancer. What's even more amazing is her positive attitude. I would like to think that I would have the same incredible attitude as Theresa, but anyone that knows me knows that there's no way I would cope even a fraction as well if I had been diagnosed with lymphoma.
                    This is more my style of coping...     (source)

As cheesy as it sounds, Theresa's diagnosis really made me think about all of the things I haven't done. While sometimes I wish I had made different decisions or taken another path in life, I don't have any true regrets. The one thing that nags at me, however, are the things I haven't done. Things I put off or things I think I can't so.
Every day I come to work and listen to Theresa tell her clients about her diagnosis and I think, I need to live more. I don't want to have any regrets.

I really admire her. I don't pray often -maybe praying isn't the right word...maybe just putting positive vibes into the universe is more accurate since I'm not religious - but I'm thinking of her and how strong she is.

She'll beat this, I know it.


Live Laugh Love
                                                                                                         (source)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!