Friday, April 13, 2012

J is for Jump Start




J is for Jump Start





J is for many things. At first I had a hard time coming up with something for the letter J despite the obvious "J is for Jaime" which seemed cheesy, even for moi. Besides, I used up all of my cheese with the Letter A entry, despite all of the sheer awesomeness pictured below. There's a video somewhere of me attempting to get these party hats off of my head, but I hope to GOD that it's been deleted.

My only excuse is the vast amount of alcohol I consumed that night...


Honorable Mentions:

J is for Johnny Depp. I was never a huge Johnny Depp fan until the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. After that, I was in looooove.

Except, my fantasy includes a pirate that showers... (source)
J is also for Jethro. As in Leroy Jethro Gibbs from NCIS.

                          Oh, those eyes.           (source)
I've loved Mark Harmon since the 1987 movie Summer School. I was pretty young, but my sister and I would watch that movie all of the time.

Yep, this is the anti-Gibbs.  (source)
And holy crap. As I was abusing the Google Image Search feature, I stumbled across this that says that Adam Sandler is remaking Summer School. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

Yeah, not really the same... (source)
Is it just me or does Adam Sandler look way older than when Mark Harmon played this role?

And finally...J is for Jump Start. I've been researching different marathon training programs while at work this week. My friend, Amber, sent me a good one. (I'm hoping she's going to join us for WDW Marathon in January) On Sunday, there will be 29 weeks left until the NYC Marathon. I believe that the lottery will be drawn on the April 25th. If I don't get in by lottery, which is the most likely outcome, not only will I have to train to run 26 freaking miles, I will have to raise money for a charity.

                                                                                                 (source)

So, I'm starting my marathon training with a fun night time race tomorrow night. The Firefly Run 5K takes place in the dark in downtown Phoenix.

Looks fun, right?

I haven't done any real training in over a month, but I figure it's only 3.1 miles so if my legs or lungs aren't up to it, I can walk it. It's the perfect way to kick off NYC Marathon training.

Crossing my fingers and toes!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!