Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Official!!!

 

The Team Chances group for the NYC Marathon was announced this tonight! I got the following email:


We are very excited to announce that our 2012 Team Chances New York City Marathon team is full and YOU are on the team!!!

Thank you so much for making the decision to support Chances for Children by signing up to train with Team Chances for one of the greatest marathons in the WORLD!!!

THE NEW YORK CITY MARATHON!!!


 I kicked my own ass at the gym tonight. It took me 45 minutes to do 3 miles because I did a killer hill workout. Phoenix is surprisingly flat, so to get any hill work in, I have to do it on a treadmill.

                   Look how fit I am after a hill work out! I wish...           (source)

So, yeah I know, I'm still slow, but man, I never run hills, so that was asking a lot of my body.  As I was leaving the gym, a woman came up to me and said, "you really killed it in there!" I thought that was so nice of her. The incline took a toll on my knees and hips:

Don't be jealous of my super sexy PJs
I'm not really used to achy legs, mainly because I tend to not actually work out.



I've been so wrapped up in moving, riding Bam Bam the wonder pony, and obsessing over the NYC Marathon working out, that I pushed dating to the back burner. Someone please kick my ass and force me to go out so I don't end up with twenty cats. Part of me really likes avoiding the heart ache and drama that comes along with being in a relationship, but part of me wants someone to come home to.

I've seen my future...
I'm caught somewhere on the spectrum of content and not so content. Dating is hard. Is it worth it? Don't worry, I haven't given up, I just need to make it a priority. But don't hesitate to give me a kick in the ass, because sometimes I'm slow to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!