Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sleepy Thursday

Funny Farewell Ecard: I promise to keep your Witness Protection Program whereabouts a secret.
I was feeling fairly worn out today after killing myself on the treadmill last night. T - who I shall now refer to as Tara, because A.) that is her name, B.) that's what she calls herself on her own blog so I'm not revealing any classified information and C.) I'm fairly certain she is not part of Witsec - warned me against working out when I'm already worn down because that's when she tends to get sick.

Anyhoo, in an effort not to lose my training momentum, I reluctantly dragged myself to the gym after deciding that I would do an easy, light elliptical workout for a measly 30 minutes. I'm an athlete, after all (stop laughing), and I knew I would feel guilty if I gave myself the night off.

It's sad how true this is. I can't stand the sound of my own labored breathing...
Well, the elliptical machine Kicked. My. Ass.

For real.

I had it on the easiest setting and figured 30 minutes would be nice and easy. I do not remember the elliptical being this hard. I was not only huffing and puffing, but my quads were burning. Just goes to show that even with riding my horse 5 days a week and running 3 or 4, there are still muscles that are not getting a workout.

Once again, I over did it. I even dragged out the foam roller when I got home and I hate that thing.


I haven't been on an elliptical machine since before my first half marathon. I just don't remember them being this hard. Maybe I was on a particularly hard machine or maybe it was because my body was already feeling fatigued, but damn.

I'm definitely taking tomorrow off. My first long run is Saturday morning: 6 miles. I will try not to drink tomorrow night, but I can't promise. It's Friday, after all.

I wish this movie was opening this weekend:

I've had a long love affair with Johnny Depp. I'm not sure I dig his pale visage here, but hey, it's Johnny Depp. And Michelle Pfeiffer. Doing a Tim Burton movie. Sounds perfect to me.








2 comments:

  1. Wow, outed! I don't even know what I'm calling myself half the time :). I suppose I'll live with my actual name.
    Bridesmaids WAS hilarious!! I see what you mean about the underlying theme, but I think it was just too true to be sad. Who hasn't been thru that themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bridesmaids was hilarious, but the whole time, I honestly felt a little sad for the main character. Idk, maybe I'm just super sensitive.

      And since I didn't include your last name or SS#, I think you'll be okay... ;)

      Delete

Thanks for reading!