Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Monday

Happy Memorial Day and a sincere thank you to the men and women that defend our country. Your service is truly appreciated.

I got up early today and did a 4 mile run before going to the barn, making that a total of 18 miles run over the holiday weekend. Woot!

Feet are tired!
I ran by my high school (class of '94!) and decided to take a picture.


Once I made it back to my neighborhood, I realized that someone had put little flags all along the street, each one a block apart. Pretty cool.


I also spotted this little gem. I've never noticed it before. It's propped up against a palm tree in the front yard of this house. I'm sure the home owners thought I was some sort of weird creeper when I stopped to take a picture.


Afterward, I headed out to the barn for a Memorial Day trail ride. I haven't taken Bam Bam on a trail ride on months, so I decided to give him a break in training and head out into the desert.

Lara and Frango on the left, Bam and me on the right. The horse in front is Jackson...
about 2 minutes before he exploded and got a little wild!
BBR & me, Sarah & Jackson, and Stacie & Eddie
 The horses got themselves worked up so we really had no other choice but to drink beer once we made it back to the barn.

Refreshing!
I caught up on my CD burning project. I made a few CDs. This took all weekend. Doesn't seem like it would take so long!

Yep, I  hand wrote all of that!

A friend of mine posted this on my Facebook page. She knows me so well!

So, yeah, all in all, it was a pretty productive and fun weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!