Thursday, May 17, 2012

There's no I in Team!



Wow, what a night! We had a meeting for the NYC Marathon team for Team Chances. I had no idea what to expect or what kind of people would be part of the group, but I was certainly not disappointed. And I got my official team tech shirt. Woot!



There are 30 people on the team, so I didn't get to talk to everyone, but the group at my table was awesome. Everyone was not only friendly and nice, but also seemed like a lot of fun, which is important. I also met a follow blogger, Ari, who invited be to be part of an AZ blogger group, which is pretty cool!

I'm so excited about all of this. I truly think this entire experience will be life changing. Not only running my first full marathon - and the NYC marathon is considered to be the best marathon in the world - but also the process of training with a team and being part of a group that helps others better their lives. My first run with the group is Saturday morning and I'm actually looking forward to it!

Completely off topiic, but did anyone else watch the season finale of Criminal Minds last night? Holy...

That had to be the absolute best season finale I have ever seen.

(source)
I'm really bummed that Paget Brewster won't be on the show anymore. I loved her character. I numbed the pain by having this for dinner:

Yes, I will have another...
To top it all off, Bam Bam The Wonder Pony was an absolute angel this morning when I rode him. He's come so far. I'm a proud mommy.

Besides being a show horse, he's pretty good at entertaining himself.

So yeah, life is pretty wonderful these days.




1 comment:

  1. 1) Your horse is handsome. You've told me that he's given you a hard time in the past but sometimes looks can be a cure all. (only for horses though, not for men) :)

    2) Can't wait to hear about what you do to train for the NYC Marathon! That is incredibly awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!