Monday, May 7, 2012

Why you shouldn't run on Cinco de Mayo...

Because I'm a super party animal, my big Saturday night plans called for a 6 mile run. I could have gotten up early (which was my original plan) but I haven't had a day to sleep late in forever, so I slept until 8:00. I know that 8:00 isn't really that late, but I hate running in the sun here. It's brutal.

He just got done running in Phoenix
So, like the cool hipster that I am, I decided to go out running around 8pm instead. I was excited to run while the Super Moon was out. It truly was beautiful. I tried to take some pics on my phone, but they didn't turn out. I had forgotten that it was Cinco de Mayo and as I looped the neighborhood, it seemed like EVERY SINGLE FAMILY was out barbecuing. Seriously, I couldn't run 100 feet without smelling delicious hamburgers and steaks.

It's hard to run when the whole neighborhood smells like this! (source)
My run didn't go so well, either. I got a horrible stitch in my side about a mile in and it never went away. I walked/jogged for 4 miles and called it quits. In addition, my knee was killing me. When I was moving my stuff back to my house, I found a new pair of Brooks Adrenalines that I had stocked up on when that particular style was discontinued. Score! I had thought that I had gone through them all, but I still had one new pair. I ran in them tonight when I pounded out 45 minutes on the treadmill and my knees felt great.

All in all, my healthier lifestyle is going well...


This is healthy, right?

Mentally, I feel great with all of this exercising and I've even lost a few pounds, which is awesome. On that note, I will leave you with this:

Hee hee hee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!