Saturday, January 5, 2013

Running Nightmares

I am an avid dreamer.

When I was younger, I had nightmares about horse showing. The dream would start right in the middle of a jumping round and I would have no idea what horse I was on or what the course was, but it was always a really huge, really important horse show.

So it should come as no surprise that I have crazy dreams about races. This morning I woke up from a dream where I was trying to finish the NYCM. It was set up like Goofy, where you had to run a half marathon the day before if you wanted to run the NYCM. So I was getting to the last few miles of the full and found out that the finish line was on top of a freaking high rise and you had to run the up the stairs to get to the finish. Is that the most horrifying dream, or what?

Ahhh! Where's the effing finish line?!?!

I also have running nightmares where my legs suddenly stop working. It's like I'm frozen and can not move. I keep trying to will myself to move forward, but nothing happens. Is that weird? Do you other runners have running nightmares or is it just me?

Lot's of bloggers do posts about the search words that bring readers to their blogs. I don't usually do that because, well, I haven't had any really funny ones, yet. But I had to share this one. It totally made me laugh.


Vodka whore? That's kind of awesome. I better start living up to that STAT.

I have lots more going on, but I need a quick nap...I'm feeling snoozy.



2 comments:

  1. I always have dreams about my races, mostly that I cannot get to the finish line for one of several reasons. It's the working-Mommy-trying-to-do-an-Ironman stress that must be well-steeped in my psyche.

    Also, nice way to get some searches to your blog! I can't say I've seen those two words together before now! Woo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate running nightmares! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading!