Sunday, May 5, 2013

Spring Cleaning and Spring Training


Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

It's totally ironic that we Americans love to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, especially when you consider that A.) this isn't Mexico and B.) Cinco de Mayo is not a big deal in Mexico. We sure do love our drinking holidays!

I didn't go out and celebrate because it's been a long weekend, but that didn't stop me from digging up a picture of Tara and me in the Mexican Pavilion in EPCOT during Marathon weekend and posting it on Facebook.

Supah sexy, doncha think?

Our running coach, Susan, commented that she missed us. Now for those of you that don't know, Susan Loken is kind of a big deal. Like the type of person that is friends with Bart Yasso and has gone to the Olympic Trials in the marathon more than once. When I cheered for my friend, Ari, when she was running her first full marathon, I watched Susan cross the finish line with a time of 2:55 or something ridic like that. And that was with an injury, so it wasn't even a fast time for her.

Yup, that's Susan...on display at the NYCM 2012 expo. No big deal.
Anyway, Susan is pretty much the nicest coach ever. Not to mention she put up with Tara and myself being by far the slowest runners on that team and she treated us like we were just as important as anyone else.

The point of all of this is that it was nice to hear that she missed us. And it made me want to tackle training for the NYCM 2013! I'm lucky to have met her.

Speaking of the NYCM, I thought my shirt was lost for good! I have not been able to find it for months.

Safe and sound!

I know a lot of people don't wear shirts for races that they did not complete, but this one is different. No one was able to finish, so it's not like I'm pulling a fast one by wearing it. It represents a huge journey and a life changing event. I'm so excited that I found it.

I spent all Saturday cleaning and gutting my house. It's possible I have made a bigger mess than when I started. C'est la vie. It's a work in progress. I do have a lot of race shirts. And I found my NYCM shirt, so WIN.

Again, I need to ask why Run Disney shirts are so ugly...
I think my Ragnar shirt is my favorite.


So, um, yeah. I'm pretty boring tonight. I had all sorts of witty and entertaining things going on in my mind earlier, but this is all I can come up with tonight.



I hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds more productive/ interesting than mine!

    We ordered Mexican food last night to celebrate. Took over an hour to get delivered. Apparently a lot of other people had the same idea. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Del Taco. I don't know if you have those in NYC, but it's on par with Taco Bell. Not exactly high quality Mexican cuisine.

      Nor is it food fit to fuel a training run...

      Delete
    2. I don't think so. . .but ours wasn't high quality either.

      True Story!

      Delete
  2. I was going to indulge in a margarita last night, but making one just seemed like too much effort. How sad is that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!