Sunday, January 13, 2013

We came, we saw, we kicked it's ass!


Brownie points to whomever gets that movie quote!

Okay, so Goofy Challenge kicked MY ass. No joke. I will do a proper race recap later, but yes, not only am I a marathoner, I'm a Goofy Challenge survivor. I won't lie- it was brutal. I'm feeling beyond sore and have raw marks that look like they belong on a torture victim, but I did it.

Thank you, Tara and Abby for going on this adventure with me!

Below is Tara and me after the half marathon, Abby and me during the full marathon on the speedway, and 2 of the 3 medals.







4 comments:

  1. Brownies? Where? Hehe... Ghostbusters!

    Way to go for finishing... you are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie!! Double fudge brownie for you!

      Delete
  2. Reading all of these ... I'm so ready to do it again ... maybe by the time 2015 is here I won't have the dark scar looking marks on my upper inner thighs?? It didn't hurt at the time, but showering and after, oh my was there a sting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have scars on the small of my back like some weird sadistic type of tramp stamp!! The raw marks were horrid and getting in the shower afterward was unbelievably painful!

      Delete

Thanks for reading!