Monday, January 7, 2013

May The Force Be With You

Holy crap, we leave for Florida on Thursday. I'll admit it, I'm scared. And, as usual, mad at myself for not training enough. One day I'll learn.

I decided to take some of my new running gear that I got for Christmas out for a spin tonight. I was freezing, but I knew I'd be even more pissed at myself if I stayed home.

Black is not the best night running choice.
But it IS the most slimming and that's what's most
important, right?
After all of the running I've done this year, I'm getting slower. I'm not really sure how that is happening, but there you go. Although, I always seem to speed up during races.

I found my stick thingy and I'm making it my best friend until Goofy is over. My right calf is ridiculously tight and I think that is tweaking my Achilles.

Totally not easy to take a picture and use this stick thingy.
So, anyway, I went for a quick 2.5 mile jog around the neighborhood. My body felt great, but I've been having weird side stitches. I haven't had that problem since I was a new runner. Not sure what the deal is. Anxiety? I don't know.

I'm really praying that Tara (who finally blogged!) and I can survive this whole Goofy debacle. I'm hoping we can reach deep down within and kamikaze our way through it - the way we pretty much have done everything since we met like, 15 years ago. Maybe 20 years? All I know is we used to do things like clean our kitchen with a garden hose and drive to random truck stops in the middle of the night for pie when we were college roommates. For realz.

Today's ecard has been brought to you by Tara.
Here's to all of my fellow runners heading to Florida in the next few days (and I get to meet a few of you! Woot!): May the force be with you! Let's have a beer at the finish line.


1 comment:

Thanks for reading!