Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I Didn't Eat Wednesday

I know of at least three different blogs that do some variation of a What I Ate Wednesday, where they post all sorts of healthy salad-like concoctions. Let me present what was brought into the office for lunch today: El Pollo Loco.





All I ate was the chicken. Okay, I did put dressing on it, but I managed to avoid the rice, beans, mac and cheese, corn bread casserole and chips. I should get some sort of prize for my restraint.

Smiley Faces GOOD EFFORT!

That's my edition of What I Didn't Eat Wednesday. I did eat a huge bowl of frozen fruit, so if it looks sparkly, rest assured it did not come from the Cullen family.
The sparkles make it better!

I did actually go running tonight. I did a speed work out which was an improvement over last night's workout, which went a little something like this:

1. Changed into my running clothes at work.
2. Drove straight from my office to the park.
3. Spent 15 minutes surfing the web on my phone in the parking lot in my car.
4. Said, "screw it."
5. Drove home.

And that, folks, is how winners are made.


Day 3 of not eating grains was a challenge. Seriously. I'm not kidding when I say I could polish off a huge portion of that container of rice all by myself. I'm feeling Homer Simpson-ish just thinking about it. Mmmmm....rice....

But it I'm feeling a lot better. I can't deny it. I'm not sure how long I can keep it up, but I've been gluten free since September, and that's gotten easier over time. My mood is certainly better and I feel a lot less tired.

Doing a speed work out tonight (speedy for me is more snail-like for other people) made me excited for a few races on the future. I really wanted to PR at the 2011 Disneyland Half since it was my one year anniversary of doing half marathons, but my time was horrible because I got really sick about half way through. I'm really hoping I can pull off a PR for the DL Half 2012.

Now if there was just some way I could go on Space Mountain every day, things would be great!



That's a super secret gang sign I'm flashing.
And T has jazz hands. Woot!








4 comments:

  1. The very fact you could restrain yourself from eating all of that El Pollo Loco makes you a winner to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love, love, love El Pollo Loco! Not an easy thing, for sure.

      Delete
  2. oh my jesus mac and cheese...that is just unfair!
    i must adopt your brilliant frozen fruit idea. it will fit in nicely with my already-adopted "snack all day but don't gain weight" plan.
    your yesterday's workout made me lol. i have been in total denial that we are doing this in two days!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frozen fruit thing saved me all summer. Strawberries are my favorite. You have to wait until they are somewhat thawed and then in tastes like a slushy. Plus, it takes forever to eat, so it's satisfying.

      Delete

Thanks for reading!