Thursday, January 2, 2014

Walking Off The Food Baby

I always have a hard time starting my New Year's resolutions on New Year's Day because in my eyes, that's still a holiday and I'm going to use that as an excuse to eat crap and drink. Usually, though, I'm ready to go by January 2nd.

Since I challenged myself to Janathon this year, I actually did force myself to go out and run 4 miles last night. Today was a little harder because my aunt called me at work and convinced me to go eat Greek food with her after work. Who am I to turn that down? I love Greek food.

Get in my belly!
The moment I agreed to have dinner, I knew that running afterward was out of the question. So I did what any serious Janathoner would do: I drove home and before even going into my house, I walked 1.2 miles around my neighborhood... in my jeans while having a gossip fest via text with one of my blogging besties.

I don't know if texting while walking off a food baby counts as a work out, but I do know that I wouldn't have done anything at all without scary Janathon looming over my head, so I'm counting it.

Day 2 of Janathon: 1.2 miles for a total of 5.2 miles.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, New Years day is still a holiday! I didn't do anything that day either but got a good run in the next day! Good lick with Janathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. Quit blogging about yummy food. You're making me hungry! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!