Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Much Ado About Nothing

After my rant about the coffee situation yesterday, I was thinking to myself that maybe I was, in fact, exaggerating how often it occurs that I find dregs of coffee left on the burner.

Nope.

Yep. And the burner is still on.

I immediately had to drag my friend, A., into my first world coffee drama.


I love A. Pretty much always has the best solutions.

I know what you're thinking: Doesn't that girl have anything better do to than whine about freaking coffee? There's starving children in Africa!

The answer is no. No, I don't.

My day did not improve. After a slew of ridiculously frustrating emails and phone calls between me, my outside rep, two different vendors trying to get me the same piece of equipment and my purchasing department, my head was getting close to exploding.

I didn't feel my outside rep was appreciating the depth of my frustration, so I sent her a picture.

She was not impressed.
And yes, I'm wearing my glasses, because after you have the delightful experience of scratching both of your corneas in the same day, you tend to freak out a little with any discomfort in your eyeballs. Better safe than sorry, right?


After work I got my hair done because I was tired of seeing just how gray I am. I'm too young to be this gray, for realz. I felt the need to share a picture because my hair is only straight after I get it done. My hairstylist always refuses to let me leave the salon with my hair au naturale. Look how ridiculously long my hair is when it's straight. Crazy, right?


I had to go with black and white because I look
excessively orange in this picture in color.
This post is pretty much pointless. And I did no running today for a grand total of ZERO miles run so far this week. What a rockstar.


8 comments:

  1. Not that I'm laughing at your pain, but this post made me laugh. Those days when the little aggravations just poke away at you are nerve wracking. It's only the middle of the week. Things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)

      Luckily for me some things just get so ridiculous that it starts to be funny. And there was enough coffee left in the pot this morning when I went to get some that no one has to die at my office today. Win!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the giggles. I was a little cranky tonight and this helped put in perspective my teeny tiny reasons for being cranky. Your pretending to be mad face was the best! The curls look as good as the straight hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm way too lazy to straighten my hair. It takes forever.

      Delete
  3. Okay, I just found your blog, aaaand I think you're hilarious. Definitely following you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! :D

      Delete
  4. You need to petition for a Kerig. . . I have that same peeve about the f-ing ice trays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get a Kerig for my own desk and not share! I have melt downs about the ice cube trays, too.

      Delete

Thanks for reading!