Monday, February 18, 2013

Blah Blah RAGNAR, hell yeah!

It's awesome that this was a three day weekend...for everyone but moi, apparently. Not that I'm bitter. I only had a 2 day weekend. Bah.

Available on Zazzle!
Despite the fact that this weekend was so insanely busy and exhausting that I had to go to bed at 7:45 last night, I somehow managed to fit in a 4.25 mile run on Saturday morning.

Do I look like a creepy flasher? Who cares, dude!
 I'm wearing a marathon shirt. Yeehaaaw!
And we took the horses to a schooling show and rode around the cross country course, even though I no longer jump.

Olympian in the making, right here!

I also finally put together my medal display that I got from my mom for Christmas. My race medals have been sort of lying around my house waiting for a place to call their home. I could not commit to a permanent fixture on my wall, so I came up with another idea:

A coat/hat rack! Genius, right?
There's an overwhelming about of runDisney bling
on this rack.
I can move it where ever I want. And I think I'm going to move it upstairs to my bedroom, because this giant monument to my self proclaimed awesomeness is a little too narcissistic even for me. It takes up a lot of room.

We did have our final Ragnar del Sol team meeting yesterday. There are some substitute runners on our team now due to a few injuries. That also means shuffling around runner assignments. So guess who is the lucky girl now running the longest leg in Ragnar history?

That's right, it's me. And I get some extra bling bling for doing it.


So that's super cool, right? So why did I wake up in the middle of the night (besides the fact that I went to bed at 7:45 like a grandma and had 5 hours of sleep already) having a mild anxiety attack over it?

It's not the distance that scares me or even the fact that I still have two more legs to run after the 13.5 mile leg. (I mean, I survived Goofy, right?) It's the fact that I'm super slow. I have no doubt I can do it, but I won't be able to maintain a fast pace for that leg for the entire 13.5 miles.

So I'm equal parts scared and excited. Shockingly, it's not the extra medal that has me excited. Don't get me wrong, I ain't turning it down, let's not get extreme here. Choosing races has now become more about the experience now, rather than the medal. Who would have thought that would ever happen?

Anyway, I'm more excited about the fact that it's a unique Ragnar experience that only a few people get to do. Ragnar is a different breed of race. Your performance affects the outcome for the other runners. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about that.

All I can do is my best, right? And Ragnar del Sol begins Friday morning at 4:00am or something crazy like that.

Also, Words With Friends does not accept Ragnar as a legit word. FYI.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!