Friday, December 21, 2012

It's The End Of The World As We Know It...

...And I feel fine! Anyone else have R.E.M. stuck in their head all week? No? Just me? Hmmm, let me help you with that. You're welcome.



I thought about doing a meaningful post about the upcoming Mayan Apocalypse as a metaphor for the current state of America. Then I got all depressed. So instead, I will blog about my usual randomness because there's some really cool stuff happening right now.

Also, since the world didn't end, looks like I'm still going to be running the oh-so-scary Goofy Challenge. I had a little Goofy doll that I kept on my desk for motivation and my desk is so disorganized right now (okay, so that's a lie. It's disorganized every single day.) that I lost track of him. I found him upside down on top of a stack of needles. Is that weird? I swear it's not weird in this office considering we sell veterinary drugs and equipment.

Oh, hello there. Just hanging out on some needles.
 My dear friend, Ari, threatened to "slice a bitch" if I didn't get myself back on the running wagon, so I actually ran last night. It was only 4 miles, but it was freezing and I was exhausted. I didn't leave until after 8:00. That might be because I tried to take a decent pre-run picture, for like, 20 minutes. I have my priorities. And none of them looked good, anyway.

Since my Stranger Danger scare, I've tried to run with Tara or run in my mom's neighborhood, so this lovely gem was taken in her bathroom, not mine.



Super cool gloves AND super cool iPhone case.
The paintings are not mine.


Christmas lights!
The NYC Marathon announced the fate of the 2012 runners the other day, as well. I, for one, am very happy with the outcome. It seems as if I may be in the minority if you look at their Facebook page. The constant complaining has to stop, seriously. Anyone that was supposed to run in 2012, will be given the option of a refund or guaranteed entry in 2013, 2014, or 2015. You have to pay the entry again, though. That part sucks, but I get it. The waiver you sign clearly states no refunds for any reason so the fact that they are allowing a refund at all means something. I plan on running. I want to run in 2013 and Tara wants to do 2014, so I guess we'll see how that shakes out.
Or 2013, 2014, 2015
To make life even more awesome, runDisney added an event to their Disneyland Half Marathon. In addition to the half marathon, there will be 10K on Saturday. Doing both is the Dumbo Double Dare. It's a lot like their Goofy Challenge with 2 races and 3 medals, but a helluva lot easier. I'm totally in. How could I not be!



Seriously, how cute is a Dumbo medal going to be?!
 The Competitor Group announced the medals for the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona. A lot of our team that was supposed to run in NYC decided to make this race their first full marathon. I wasn't going to do it because it's not my favorite race and it's a week after Goofy, but I want to cheer on my team mates, so maybe I will do the half and then wait to watch them cross the finish line for the full.


Bling, bling, bling.
 I came into work today and a present from one of my clients was waiting for me. Packed with tons of candy. Running fuel!!!



She labeled each one as, "before work, "during work,
and "after work". I love my clients.

So lots of fun and exciting things are happening. And Goofy is in 20 days. GULP!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!