Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

It's been a wonderful Christmas holiday. Not as much running as I planned, of course, but are you really surprised? I didn't think so.

I did spend a lot of time with my Little Lou over the holiday.

He's not a fan of the antlers.

I spent Christmas Eve at my aunt's house and since she's technically Jewish, she has this giant light up Eiffel Tower instead of a tree. I dig it.

It even blinks.
Everyone needs a giant tube of Sweet Tarts,
my favorite candy...
I really, really, really wanted this back pack for the NYC Marathon. I was afraid to buy it because it seemed like bad luck to buy it before leaving for NYC. Then the race got canceled and I saw them all over NYC, but I still didn't get one because the fate of the 2012 entrants was undecided. Well, my wonderful sister got it for me for Christmas. It's really nice. And since I will get to run NYCM in the next 3 years, I'm so glad she got it for me!




This morning, we took our annual barn Christmas picture. It's tradition.

Linda, Me, Katie, Cindy and Kristy

I also had my first Christmas Day movie going experience. Holy *&^%, do people love to go to the movies on Christmas. It was a total zoo. There were four of us and we had to sit in two's because we couldn't find seats together even though we were 45 minutes early.

If you are a Les Mis fan, see this movie.
I really liked the movie version of one of my favorite musicals. I know the soundtrack from start to finish and I really enjoyed the movie adaptation. I even sang Castle on a Cloud as a solo once in choir. Shocking, right? Yeah, it shocks me, too.

It's incredibly well done, but be prepared for how long it is. There's no intermission, so it's a bit too long for me. Some of it could probably be shaved down. But I still give it a thumbs up.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. I learned the Christmas Day movie thing a few years back. Never again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had no idea so many people go to the movies on Christmas! Crazy!

      Delete
  2. Les Mis was awesome! I saw it with my Mom the day after Christmas and we both walked out crying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was really well done. Just a little long with no intermission. Have you seen the play?

      Delete
    2. I agree, it was really long. I was lucky that I never had to leave the theater to go to the bathroom! I've seen the play once but have the soundtrack memorized, it's one of my favorites. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading!