Saturday, August 25, 2012

Because I'm A Honey Badger...

...and honey badgers don't give a shit.



And honey badgers don't care about eating GU for dinner.

That's right. I ate vanilla GU for dinner.


Well, I did have a late lunch at Blu Burger. My dad and I went to see Bam Bam's new home. (More on that later, I don't want to jinx my and Bam's good fortune by talking about it until everything is a done deal. But let's just say that despite the gallons of tears that I have cried in the last two weeks, an opportunity for him came about that would be the best situation for both of us.)

After spending quite awhile touring the ranch, I was starving. On our way back into town, we stopped at Blu Burger and I snarfed a giant hamburger.

Not this burger, because this one is chock full of gluten,
but you get the idea.
Anyway, we ate lunch around 3, and I figured I would be set for dinner. I was out of town last weekend and I haven't had time to catch up, so I have no food in my house. So I ate some GU.

Yes, I know that's weird. But you runners know how delicious vanilla GU is, right? It tastes like frosting!

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks, I have cried more tears than I have cried in years over having to retire Bam Bam. I've been a complete wreck. I haven't done any running and I have the Disneyland Half Marathon next weekend. I'm hoping that my consistent training for the last several months (which is a huge improvement over my usual routine) will help carry me and I will still be able to pull off a decent time. Well, a decent time for me considering how slow I happen to be.

I really wanted to PR at this race, and you never know, maybe the rest will do my body good and my legs will fell rested, but I have my doubts.

I'm still riding BBR, but mostly at a walk so that he relaxes and gets his brain out of horse show mode.


Hopefully, I will be back on track soon. I'm sure the next couple of days will require some wine consumption. Cross your fingers for Bam... I think he's going to love his new life. It's me that needs help coping...


Barn mascot

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Clif shot girl ... but Vanilla is totally my flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost always still with Vanilla GU, but I tried the Razz Clif Shot- omg, amazing. I was pissed that they ran out during the DL Half. I tried some coffee flavor with caffeine instead. Not my favorite, but not terrible.

      Delete

Thanks for reading!