Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Promises, promises

Well, once again, I've been a bad, bad blogger. They good news is that this time, I didn't disappear because I stopped running. I actually have been running. I've just been so incredibly busy that I haven't made time to write posts or read other blogs. My bad. I'll make it up to you. I promise. I'll change, baby, I swear. (If that doesn't sound just like a promise made by a bad boyfriend just to get into your pants, then I don't know what does.)

So, I've actually been doing a lot of running. Tinkerbell Half is on the horizon and I'm super excited. I get to see a bunch of running/blogging buddies. And since I have actually trained, I'm hoping it will be semi easy. Truth be told, I'm hoping for a PR, but I don't know if I have actually improved that much. We shall see. I also planned on losing 20 pounds before Tink and that didn't happen. At least I can be proud of the fact that I actually trained for a race. C'est la vie, right?

I'm also taking a break from horse showing. I feel like I've been showing nonstop for the last year and a half. It has certainly paid off. 2015 was an incredible year. We had an awards banquet on Sunday for the Arizona Dressage Association and I ended up First Level Rider of the Year.

 

 

I'm super excited about that. Louie and I also ended up regional champions and reserve national champions for the US Equestrian Federation.

 

I won't even pretend that this is a humble brag. It's an all out brag. In my defense, I've never had a year like that before and chances are low that I will again, so I'm riding this awesome wave for as long as possible.

I ended up showing a lot to get this accomplished and I really feel exhausted. I need to focus on training my horse to move him up another level. Less horse shows means there is more room for races! I think I will be doing RnR Las Vegas this year. I haven't done it since the first year they held it at night and it was a total shit show. I've heard it's great now, so I'm excited to try it out. I also like that I can run the 5K the night before and it counts as a challenge. That's much better than having to run a 10k the night before like at the runDisney events.

This is from RnR AZ, but I'm hoping for something awesome like it.

So what has everyone else been up to?

 

9 comments:

  1. I really loved the Tink course. when I ran it last year I was injured but I thought it was easy and on a good day I bet I could PR on it!

    Congrats on all the horsey stuff! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually run better at races (when I'm trained) than at home, so hopefully I can get a PR but I don't know if I improved enough. I guess we'll see! And thank you!

      Delete
  2. I did notice you MIA -- welcome back. Awesome job on the rider of the year! That's one massive ribbon, where do you display it? Do you have a whole room dedicated to medals and ribbons of sorts??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually have those big ribbons hanging on that picture in my living room, lol. I have a few others hanging from my mantle. The rest are in my room hanging from a curtain rod or in a pile. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the great year!
    I also did RnR Vegas that first year it was at night and never went back. I loved that one as a morning race. I'm not keen on running in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did it as a morning race and a night race. I like that even though it's a night race, it starts at a reasonable time. I've heard it's awesome now, so I'm willing to try it again.

      Delete
  4. I've been just as bad. Life has been super busy so I missed some posts. Glad to see you're still running. Look forward to your half coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to get behind, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Congrats!!! That is a super cool ribbon!! Hey, yeah, I was going to lose 20lbs by Tink. I'm not sure what happened. Oh wait I do - I like food way to much. I really liked RnR Vegas last year - except for the wind. But I think they've definitely improved it the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!