Tuesday, September 22, 2015

On The Right Track

It's amazing how much more I have to blog about now that I'm running again. What a concept for a running blog, eh? Getting back to running after essentially an 8 month break was tough. The first few runs were just under 3 miles and it was a serious struggle. Then I went for a 5 mile run and actually felt pretty good during the entire thing. Sure, I took several walk breaks, but I didn't feel like I was going to die, so that's a win.

There are two things coming up on my calendar that have gotten me back in the running groove, the first being the Wine & Dine Half in November.

From the RunDisney Facebook page

I am super excited about this race. I've wanted to do it for years. I'm also walking the 5K with my mom in the morning. I'm looking forward to finally getting to run a different half course at WDW than the one I'm so used to running. Not to mention the after party and meeting up with blogger friends!

The second reason is that the Dressage Regional Championships is about a month away. Luckily, AZ is hosting this year and it's practically in my back yard. Louie and I are qualified, along with about 42 other riders in our level. So it wouldn't hurt to drop a few (or a lot) of extra poundage beforehand. One of the other girls at the barn also wanted to lose some weight before regionals and started working out with a personal trainer. After the first day, she could barely walk which led to this conversation:

Yep. Stupid white, stretchy, unflattering freaking breeches. I hate you, white breeches.

But it's gotten me out and hitting the pavement. Or the desert, which is where my last several runs have taken place. It feels really good to be back out there. I was a bit worried when the first few runs felt so difficult, but my last run felt good, so I'm pretty relieved about that.

 

Now I just have to decide on my race outfits for Wine & Dine. I think I'll be making my mom go matchy matchy with me for the Jingle Jungle 5K, either dressing as Minnie Mouse, since I already have the ears and skirt, or something more Christmas themed. For the half, I was thinking something wine themed since it's my favorite beverage. Anyone have any simple ideas for me?

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I loved the Jingle Jungle 5K! Love that it is a Christmas theme! You and your mom will have a blast. Be sure to get lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am jealous you are doing the Jingle Jungle 5k and WIne and DIne. It is so sad that this is the last year of the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. I'm trying to figure out how to get to Disney for a couple days to go see it one more time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the Osbourbe Lights, so I'm super glad I'm doing W&D before I miss them! I'm wondering if they'll find a new place to put them up.

      Delete
  3. I'm also jealous!! Sounds like so much fun. My vote goes for a Christmas-ified Minnie Mouse. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, me! I hope you get to meet up with me at Wine & Dine!! Ugh, costumes. I'm going to have to do something simple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!