Sunday, June 9, 2013

Jaime in Dallas

I wrote this post while still in Dallas and then meant to finish it at the airport, but let me tell you, the airport was a total cluster (insert bad word here) and I got to my gate just in time to board...

Hello from Dallas, Texas! I'm actually supposed to be home by now, but my flight was cancelled and the first flight out on the same airline in tomorrow morning. Wtf?

But that's fine by me because I got to spend a little more time with one of my dear friends in Texas. And we're watching the Tony Awards right now which is making me super excited for NYC Marathon
Anyhoo, here's what I've been up to...

Found some awesome stuff at the Frisco Mercantile...



We went to the Perot Museum of Science and Nature...


We also stopped by the Frisco Heritage Center where I got this shot that I totally love:


And then I wanted this shot:


I even went running this morning. I rarely run on vacations that aren't racecations (which happen to be most of most trips), but I went out for 6 miles this morning. 

Of course, I stopped along the way for some instagramming. And I got lapped twice by a guy in a Boston Marathon shirt. TWICE, people. Good thing my slowness doesn't really affect my self esteem...


This neighborhood is so pretty. I left just after a thunderstorm passed through so the weather was perfect...at first.


About three miles into my run, the sun came out and tried to sear the skin right off of my body. It was so humid. 


I'm pretty proud of myself for running on vacation. I ended up doing 6 miles and felt pretty good the whole time.

Thanks, D (who may or may not be reading this... I have no idea), for a really fun, awesome weekend. I had a great time! XO

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a good weekend (even if it was in Texas ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!