Sunday, July 29, 2012

State of the Union...

Well, maybe not the union, but my life. Life's been busy, busy, busy. It seems like my entire life revolves around riding, working, running and sleeping. Doing 10 plus mile runs every weekend is really taking a toll on me, but it's totally worth it. I always do better when I have big goals and dream big.

This is the hardest I've trained for running since I started racing almost 3 years ago and it is totally paying off. We did a 10 miles time trial at Tempe Town Lake yesterday and the weather was horrid. At least it was cloudy, or I swear the sun would have fried me to a crisp with the amount of humidity in the air.

I left my house at 4:15AM and it was already 90 degrees and humid. I honestly can not even fathom training for a marathon in the summer in some place like Florida. Kudos to those Florida runners for being totally bad ass. I would die.

Sunrise at Tempe Town Lake
I finally feel like I'm back to where I used to be when I got my half marathon PR back in January 2011. We did a 10 mile time trial and I honestly tried to run it as if we were racing, but I also tried to be aware of how hard the weather conditions are on the body and base my progress on effort rather than actual time.

Even Instagram can't make this pic attractive, so I won't try...
I think things are looking great for a PR at Disneyland, so I'm super excited. My 10 mile time trial had me just a few minutes off track and it will probably be at least 20 degrees cooler at the start at Disneyland if not more. Plus, I still have about 5 weeks for more training.

Glad to have some different scenery to look at!
I have a midnight half marathon next weekend, but the conditions will be rough considering the elevation of over 4000ft and the steady incline for the first 6 miles of the course. I won't be trying for any PRs, just want to survive that one!

I saw two different movies this weekend, too. On Friday, I went to go see Step Up Revolution. The story line was pretty lame, but the dance scenes were awesome!



This movie is definitely worth seeing just for the flash mob scenes. I actually really liked it, even though the acting was just okay. But I suppose that a lot of the actors are actually dancers first, actors second, so I can ignore that. I couldn't find a clip of my favorite dance scene, but the flash mob dance in the office building was really cool, too.

I also saw the new Batman movie. If you have not seen it, go. Go right now. So incredibly good. I think it's the best of all of them. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman was perfect. I might even go see it again in the theater, it was that good.

                                             So. Hot.                        (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!