Friday, July 20, 2012

Trail Mix...it's what's for dinner.

Wait. I think beef is what's supposed to be for dinner, according to the Beef Council. Whatever.

A lot of running bloggers post pictures of their pre-race fuel, usually consisting of toast or a bagel with peanut butter and a banana. I was never a fan of bananas until I started running, but then I got on the band wagon with all of the cool kids.

Anyway, now that our team group runs are getting longer and longer, I have to remember to fuel on Fridays as if I were racing in the morning. On my way home, I stopped and got a bag of my favorite trail mix that I often bring with me for my pre-race breakfast.

The chocolate adds extra energy, right?

I can't eat bread - unless I want to get really, really sick - so last year I tried trail mix, and I've been hooked ever since. I'm also eating it for dinner tonight. We have an 11 mile run scheduled for tomorrow, so now I have breakfast.

I'm also getting better about gathering all of my stuff together the night before so I'm not struggling to find everything in the morning. The group runs are at 5:00 AM SHARP! Unfortunately, I live 45 minutes away at least depending on the location, so I have to leave my house at 4:15. Ugh.

Speaking of athletic endeavors, the super pony, Bam Bam Rubble, got a sports massage the other day. Now before you laugh your ass off at the idea of a horse getting a massage, a horse's muscles are just like a human's muscles. Show horses are athletes, just like a runner (although, I can't afford to get a message for myself.)

Anyway, BBR has a lot of issues and getting a sports massage for him seems to really help. If you've ever had one, you know how unpleasant they can be.

Hurts so good!

Getting the knots out
Lucky little horse. He gets way better care than I do. Go figure. I should probably consider getting one as our Saturday long runs increase in mileage.

My friend, Amber, sent me this text this morning:


I am not the person on the left.


It's 7:30, and I already need to think about going to bed so I can get up at 3:45. What a party animal!!

This is how I look until my second cup of coffee... (source)

Side note: Does anyone else think it's ironic the the spell checker on Blogger doesn't recognize the word "blogger"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!