Thursday, October 1, 2015

Modern Hieroglyphics

Last night I went on an archeological adventure. You can picture me all decked out in Indiana Jones apparel holding a torch while I discover the secrets of the universe. (Or you can picture me in running clothes, which is what I was actually wearing.)

Do you ever wonder what future civilizations will think of us when they do their archeological excavations two thousand years from now? I actually often contemplate these types of things, especially while I'm watching The Walking Dead and I'm picturing a post apocalyptic future.

If you've ever watched Ancient Aliens, then you already know that an alien race helped build several architectural wonders such as the Pyramids at Giza and Machu Pichu. Duh. Of course they did! But did you know that they also helped build a tunnel on the trail I run? I mean, they left their self portrait so we'd know they're here among us.

Modern aliens enjoy a good smoke, too.

The teenagers of this civilization were clearly wise and quoted great philosophers. Judging by the texts, they endured great hardship, most likely stemming from a lack of cell service within this tunnel. I can't imagine how they survived.

The great wisdom of Linkin Park

It really is a shame the blind man can't read this sign. However did he get the message?

I can't even figure out what is happening in this scenario. I'm guessing these kids were drunk.

Fertility was of get concern, too. I'm basing this educated assumption on the sheer number of male genitalia pictures on the wall. This was my favorite because it also resembles Gonzo from The Muppets.

So anatomically accurate!

Clearly, this ancient tribe (I've dubbed this clan "high schoolers") feared the ending of their species.

My guess is their extinction was due to a lack of correct grammar, but that's speculation.

 
And with that, you can put me down for 5 miles toward Wine & Dine training.

 

8 comments:

  1. Nice job on completing 5 miles and yes this post made me LOL. Whatever were those kids thinking? The Gonzo connection was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it's considerate of that they used chalk instead of paint, lol! I got a good laugh reading their messages.

      Delete
  2. I'll never be able to look at Gonzo the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, interesting! I can't believe wine n dine will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you guys doing W&D, too? I'll have to try an find you before the race!

      Delete
  4. At first I was like "where are the wiener pictures??" hahaha I don't know what it is, but I always see "male genitalia" on bridges, walls, everywhere. Gonzo. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha!! I loved this. And I did picture you dressed up as Indiana Jones. Good job on the 5 miles!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!