Friday, February 28, 2014

Back To Real Life

I'm back from Disney World. That makes me sad.

 

I had an awesome time, but I gotta say... I'm pretty over race challenges. That shit is tough on the body, especially when you're running around theme parks in between races. So far, I've done Goofy Challenge, Dumbo Double Dare and now Glass Slipper Challenge. I think I'm good for awhile.

Ice, ice, baby.

 

I'm also really glad I didn't sign up for the inaugural Dopey Challenge. Maybe it's just me, but I'm never at my best when I'm running multiple races and I certainly wouldn't be able to really enjoy park time if I'm going to be running 4 different races. But I digress. The point is, I'm done with race challenges for awhile.

But I certainly had a super good time and coming home was hard. I don't plan on doing any runDisney events until maybe Wine & Dine 2015, so it was a little sad. But then I reminded myself that rD races haven't been fun for me for awhile. I really wanted Princess weekend to rekindle my love of rD, but it just didn't. But I still love Disney parks.

 

I'm looking forward to really focusing on getting ready for the NYC Marathon in November and trying a few new things in between. I have mucho recapping to do since I was at the land of the mouse for a week, so stay tuned!

And my kitty cats missed me, so I did have to come home.

 

Seriously, could they be more adorable?

 

8 comments:

  1. It's never fun getting home from a vacation. I always get really sad the day before the last day because I know it's coming to an end.
    I don't know what the deal is with the Disney races, but I agree. The last few just haven't been fun. I've been analyzing it to death, but the bottom line is they just seem to be getting old. I'm tempted to try Avengers to see what might be different, but if I pay for it and it's the same, I'm going to be really irked.
    It's so exciting that you have NY on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still really want to do Wine & Dine. It's a different course and the after-party seems really fun. We'll see....

      Avengers seems totally fun, but I agree. If it's the same old crap, I'll be pissed.

      Delete
  2. Jamie, I understand completely about the race challenges.....they take alot out of your body and the training is not much fun. The Disney races have definitely gotten less exciting for me, but I must admit, Princess weekend was a blast. I did things very different since my sidekick was not there and I was solo for the first 2 days. Meeting up with some fun people for dinners and a quick visit to Magic Kingdom for Wishes ended up making the trip really fun. I also started in an early corral and that helped my race experience. I have read way too many blog posts that people were rude and inconsiderate later in the race and that is just unacceptable. It would definitely taint my experience. I am back for Tower of Terror later this year, but they may be my last runDisney for a while. It is the only one I have not run and the bling is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ToT sounds really fun, but it'll be awhile before I get there. I'd kind of like to do Marine Corps but that'll have to wait until 2015 because it's too close to NYCM. I'm just ready for something a little less Disney...

      Delete
  3. I'm totally with you on the race challenges! I'm pretty sure I'm done with them for awhile too and I'll just be sticking to one race a weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's just too hard to play tourist while running a zillion miles during a weekend. I liked the idea and I've done a few now. Time to just stick with one!

      Delete
  4. The challenges do take a lot out of you. After Dumbo (which I signed up for without thinking it through) I might be done with challenges for awhile. I do love Disney parks - especially at night!! I love your castle pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't run around the parks, but I always want to see everything! If I do Princess weekend or Disneyland Half weekend again, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to do the half.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!