Monday, November 4, 2013

Today Is The Day It All Begins

In one year, I get to run the New York City Marathon. I'm writing this while watching the coverage of yesterday's race and I can not wait. With the cancellation of the 2012 race, I chose 2013 to be my year. And then I ended up deferring my 2013 entry.

At first, I was really disappointed not to be running in 2013. After a tough year in the running community with the cancellation of the NYCM and the bombing at the Boston Marathon, I was looking forward to experiencing running NYC with the amazing energy of runners coming together from all over the world to run a great course. Plus, I got a taste of what it might feel like at the finish line last year, I can't wait to experience it for real.

It's going to be magical.
I've heard that the NYCM is the race of a lifetime. So while I was disappointed not to be running this year, I came to the conclusion that since I've been given another entire year to train for it, I really want to be ready. I trained pretty consistently last year, but it could have been better. And this year...well, I trained, but definitely did not get enough long runs in.

So this is going to be my year to really buckle down and improve myself as a runner. Rather than waiting for New Year's, what better way to end a year of training than at the finish line of the New York City Marathon? I'm not sure how many times I will be able to run the NYCM. If I only get one shot, I want to make sure I'm actually at my best and really soak in every minute of it.

I want an NYCM medal I get after actually
crossing the finish line.

On another note, I also scored my highest official score ever this last weekend with my horse. Seems like a great way to kick off my year of transformation, right?

Horse Show Life

Congratulations to everyone that crossed the finish line in NYC yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the high score! The NYC Marathon is on my list, but the logistics of it all seem so overwhelming...people seem to do it though, so I guess you just have to buckle down and deal with the transportation and the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure it's a bucket list race to do, so I'll risk the logistics...even though the logistics scare the crap out of me! And thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for reading!